Dog Control and Welfare Act 2015 Section II and Section 37
The Department of Veterinary Services, Nairobi County advises dog licenses can be obtained as follows:
- Fill Application Form 1 (for individual ownership) or Form 8 (for commercial kennels)
- Call your sub county vet for your area to request inspection of your premises. Inspection verifies:Gated communities are encouraged to apply for inspection in their area to cover as many premises
as possible at one time. Responsibility of the dog remains with the owner. Contact your sub county vet.
Inspection and all forms are FREE.
- After inspection and approval of the premises, the owner will receive a code 1-3234 via sms facilitating payment of the license.
- Pay at City Hall Cash Office via Mpesa. License fee is KSH 2,000 per dog. There are NO TAGS, so there is no charge for this.
- Take the receipt to Nyayo House, 14th Floor to licensing Officer to get your license(s).
- Licenses are to be renewed yearly. All dogs require a license, but applications for dogs under 6 months do not require a rabies vaccination certificate.
For full details of the act please click here