1. Correct breeding of German Shepherd Dogs; how to select your breeding dogs, when and how to undertake breeding, the whelping process, care of the dam and newborn puppies etc.
2. The German shepherd dog standard and conformation.
3. Proper feeding, grooming and care for your German shepherd dog.
4. Modern, proper and effective training methods of German shepherd dogs in protection.
5. Modern, proper and effective training methods of German shepherd dogs in obedience.
6. Positive and negative experiences of living with your German shepherd dog.
7. Behavioral issues in German shepherd dogs.
8. Health issues in German shepherd dogs.
There was a wonderful demo of the German shepherd dog as a companion and working breed by Skaga Kennels, who demonstrated that a show champion is also capable of undertaking excellent and effective protection work. They also demonstrated the abilities of GSDs in sniffing.
There were open discussion forums and question and answer sessions.
The experts who spoke at the event included Dr. Luvai and Dr. Kahangara, who are members of the EAGSDL Committee as well as seasoned breeders of German shepherd dogs in East Africa. Mr. Boit, HSC, from the Kenya Police spoke on Modern, proper and effective training methods of German shepherd dogs in protection.
For the attendants, this event served as an eye opener to the German Shepherd Dog’s immense abilities and the correct breeding and training practices of this beautiful companion dog.
The League will make this an annual event.